10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Siracusa Lido, and rock jumping!

Most of my week consisted of the same old crap. Indoc. Although, I did finally get over toe the Unit and got part of the check in process rolling. I found oout I'm headed to San Diego next week for static line jump school for a week and hope to get free fall too. And also found out it doesn't look like I'm "deploying" till around March of 2010, but that could change. For now I will be here throughout Europe training and going to schools.

Hinder played a free concert on Thursday night here on base in Midtown. It was pretty cool. I went with a few buddies, seeing as it was right near our rooms, so we wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway! I knew 2 songs, they are pretty good though, change of pace around here. Friday I went to the Unit for some paperwork and got my first taste of being the "new kid". I love when people bring you tools you have never seen before and ask you what they are (knowing you don't know). Then tell you to go look it it and get back to them. Well, after hunting down a computer, which "cost" 3 more "name game" tools to use, and about an hour and a half of struggling, we got all 5 tools, and could finally be on our way...fun:)

Yesterday was cool. We took a road trip (about an hour) south to Siracusa (Syracuse in english) to a Lido (beach) where there were rocks to go cliff jumping. I was pretty sweet. I got some good picks and video I'm going to post with my waterproof camera. I workout out well, I just swam out to the rocks with it and took pics of the guys jumping off and what not. Very Cool! And I also go my first taste of the European style at the beach. Speedos, Speedos, Speedos for the guys, and Thongs, Thongs, Thongs for the girls! I must say, 99% of the Sicilians are skinny and can wear those types of bathing suits. It would never fly in the US. Americans are too white and out of shape to pull it off! Every women here has the perfect butt and pretty much every guy has abs!

We swam in the Mediterranean, cliff jumped, layed out to "bronze", and watch "soccer volleyball" all day. It was a very relaxing time and was much better then hanging out on the base all day. I'll definetly have to take family and friends to one of the Lido's if it's nice out when you guys come visit! Just be prepared for very little clothing and some very tan skin!!!

I fit right in! Especially when I get my speedo!! :)

No comments: