10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Crossfit Sicily...well sorta...

So, I have been here in Sicily for 4 days and have started to workout again, after takng a 4 day break due to travel and all. The is no "Crossfit" gym per say, so I'm just making up my own stuff right now. I guess there is a set up of some sort over at the Mobile Unit, but I'm not on the base yet. It's on NAS II and is about 7.5 miles away, so without a car or the time right now, I'll stick to doing what I'm doing. 2 days ago I did:

10 Rounds
12 Burpees
12 Pull ups
16:54

I was a bit tired and out of "shape", getting use to the hot dry climate and not doing anything for 4 days, I think the time was a little slow. This is one of those WODs where you look at it on paper and are like "that's easy". Then you get to about round 5-6 and your like, wow, my hands hurt and my legs are tired! It was a good one, I'll definetly do it again.

Yesterday I made up a WOD to do with a couple of the guys here, just a quick simple one to get them into it.

3 Rounds
21 KB Swings (55#)
15 Thursters (75#)
9 Burpees
7:41

I think I just love thrusters, cause almost every WOD I make up I throw this movement in there. It's so dynamic and powerful. Anyway, the guys like it, one said his legs didn't agree with me right now, and the other enjoyed it so much he fell down into the every present "Crossfit position" when he finished. I scaled it for both of them (to there liking), and both re-adjusted the thrusters weight half way through, underestimating the movement a little. It's all good though. We live and learn, and that's part of the process. Both did well, gave it there all and were done in somewhere around 9-11 mins.

Today I think I'm just going to go do the Deadlift WOD. 5 sets of 3, heavy...It's only 10:15 here, and it's already like 80 out and very very sunny. Wishing I had a car to get to the beach right now! Can't wait for my stuff to get here and find a place, I hate being stuck on base. Maybe a little run and then the pool...I need to get a tan!!!

Just an update, the last 3 sections of my ECCFC Hopper video are done. Even though I can't watch them here (these stupid computers at the library are secure and won't do video) I going to upload them in succession so hopefully they come out...hit me up if they don't...

No comments: