10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Countdown Begins...




Like most of the athletes that competed in the ECCFC I took Monday as a much needed rest day. I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be, a little in the hammies. I honestly believe it's due to the better diet I have been on. I have been taking in more protein for muscle growth and repair, and since I have been taking fish oil my recovery has been easier.
Tuesday I decided to do a repeat of a track WOD I did with my brother about a month ago.
3 rnds
400m
25 Burpees
50 Crunches
50 Squats

The 1st time I did this wod was in like 17:30...well, I found out, my legs were shot still, and my quads and hammies were so worn out and tired. Despite the soreness I pushed hard and busted out a 15:30! 2 mins faster then the last time. Again, I truly believe that a better diet, and smart supplementation have a great impact on breaking PR's! Not to mention that ECCFC really help me to understand (once again) what it's like to push through the pain. 100% passion in all that you do, that's all one can ask for!
Today, looks like my friend and I are going to travel out to Crossfit Syracuse for the WOD. I'll update the post later on this.

My friend Janna and I went out to Crossfit Cuse tonight. It went very well. Scott is a very cool guy. WE did a quick warmup, 3 rnds 10 squats/pushups/situps and 2 sets of 15 pullups. Then we went into the Turkish Getup. It's an interesting movement, one I have never done before. We only did about 10 mins of familiarization work on it to get the general concept. Then we went into the Snatch! lol, love that word. We did single arm dumbell snatches. Again just some familiarization work to get the movements down. The WOD was fast but good

KB swings (52# men/35# womnen)
Wall Balls (15# men/10# women)
21-15-9-6-3

I finished in like 4:14 and Janna finished in like 4:43. Exact times were a little different, but I can't remember, I was to busy recovering! lol...
So, I officially began the countdown in my head! 6 days till my flight leaves to Sicily! I'm nervous, excited, and a bit trepidacious...
"NO EXCUSES" Video!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

35 olmuştu bile

kurye