10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, June 12, 2008

San Diego WOD.

On Friday, June 6th I flew out of Upstate NY on my way to San Diego for a weekend stop before flying out to Sicliy. It was a very low key weekend, 70s and overcast, but I got in 2 awesome WODs at Coronado Crossfit on Saturday morning. The class Wod was: 3 Rounds

5 Burpees
10 Ring Pushups
15 Squats
45# Farmer's Carry ( about 100m)
400m Run

This was a nice (fun) warm up I guess you could say, seeing that when I was done (in 11:12) I asked Steve if I could either do it again (smart choice) or do another Wod that he made up (dumb choice). I'll give you one guess on what the sadistic Team guy chose...he made one up. And as he described it, "I love making up Wods I don't have time to do to see what the outcome is." So, in essence, I was his guinea pig. It was too bad, but wasn't easy, and as I found out the next day, I was much more sore the expected.

Row 1000m
20 Body Weight Dead Lifts (177#, it was in kilos, so that was close enough)
Slosh Pipe Carry (about 200m)

Row 750m
15 BW DL
SPC (about 150m)

Row 500m
10 BW DL
SPC (about 100m)

Time 22:24...and my legs were shot by the end of the 1st row/DL...For those of you who don't know a Slosh Pipe is a piece of PVC pipe about 8 ft long and maybe 12in in diameter filled with some water that weights around 45#s and is virtually impossible to keep lifted straight above your head without wobbling or "sloshing" it around. Even more impossible to do this while walking with it extended over your head. I will include a picture as soon as I can upload one.

It's really a pretty amazing little way to tax your shoulders, lats, traps, abs, and legs...Great wod Steve, thanks man...

No comments: