10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Farewell WOD at Albany Crossfit

Today was Jason's 30th at Albany Crossfit, and he joined me in the ranks of the new 21 year olds! In honor of his B-day, I got 2 participate in the "Dirty 30" WOD. It was my last one there until sometime after I return from my 2-3 year stint in Sicily.

30 Calorie Row
30 KB Swings 55#
30 Wall Balls 20#
30 Pull ups
30 Burpees
30 Lunges
30 Glute Ham Sit ups
30 Sumo Dead lift High Pulls 70# KB
30 Box Jumps
30 Double unders

My time: 18:32

Then outside for a quick cool down! (yeah right)Jason said it would be a quick 5 mins.
800m
100 squats
800m

After finding out what it was going to be, I said, if anyone finishes in 5 mins, I'll buy dinner! No one did, I finished first...and still had to buy dinner, as it was my dad's 55th B-day!
My time: 8:14...

This is my last night in the North East. Tomorrow I fly to San Diego for the weekend, and then off to Sicily on Monday morning. For the 1st time since all of this started about a year and 6 months ago, I felt sad, anxious, and a little weird. I'm going to be gone for awhile, and I going to miss all of my friends and family very much, but this is the path I have chosen! And I will do my very best to do it well, and return safely.

"What we do in life...Echos in Eternity!" ~Gladiator~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rock on, Jeremy!

Stay FIT - and we'll see you when you return from Sicily.

Sean