10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, June 5, 2008

On My Signal...Unleash Hell! (part 1)

This video is from the East Coast Crossfit Challenge in Albany. It shows the 1000m row and 6 sumo deadlift high pulls into the 2nd round. Notice I was totally last off the row! LOL, the pace I went was planned, I just didn't realize everyone else, including the females, were going to pace faster then me! It didn't matter though, my plan worked, I placed 2nd in my heat and 8th in the overall hopper completing 4 full rnds. Rounds 2-4 will follow when the vids are edited.

I'd like to thank my brother Nate for filming, my dad and best friend Eric for some of the vocal support, and my sister Maggie for doing the dirty work behind scencs to get it edited quickly! Enjoy...




"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is the warrior takes everything as a challenge, while the ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse." ~Carlos Castaneda~

1 comment:

John from Boston said...

Jeremy,

You are a great competitor. You and I were in the same heat in the Hopper event last weekend and we ended up finishing 1 and 2.

That hopper workout has been haunting me! I keep telling myself I could have squeezed out a few more reps!

Hope to see you next year in Albany.

-John Dunlap