10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Monday, June 16, 2008

Chillin by the pool...

Ciao. The weather here in Sicily is so absolutely amazing that you can't always be training...more on the in a minute...as for the training. Saturday I decided to go back in the week and do the dead lift WOD. Warmed up first with some rowing and also cooled down the same way.

Warm up:
1000m Row 3:56
DL 135x10

WOD: DL 3-3-3-3-3
225-255-270-290-290

Cool down:
DL 5-5-5
225
50 45# Push Press
1000m Row 3:54

I couldn’t go very heavy with the deads, I had no chalk, and it was a little hot in the gym, so my grip wasn't very good, so I did a nice workout that made me sweat and then a little extra reps for an extra boost. I think adding rowing into the WOD is a great way to warm up and cool down the legs, not to mention rowing is an awesome total body workout. I think everyone should throw in some rowing from time to time. And not only that, but transitioning from the rower to other explosive exercises is a great way to help transform the body.

As for chillin by the pool...after my WOD, I made sure I gave myself ample "me time" to just re-focus and relax. This is as important to a total body transformation as working out is. You mind and body need to be pushed to their limits and beyond, but at the same time, make sure you give yourself some time to chill out. Whatever your pleasure, indulge in it from time to time. This is very important!

Sunday was my rest day, so that's exactly what I did. Some of my buddies and I "stole" a car for a few hours and went down into Catania to check out the local Ducati dealer, and then I hit up the pool again. Just laid out, soaked up some sun (bronzing, as we call it) and relaxed. It really prepares your mind and body for the riggers of everyday life, and gets you ready for your next intense WOD. Some of the guys want to do "Murph". The talk like they think it will be hard, but I think they might see it as a little easier because there are no weights involved. Boy are they in for it! Lol. I'm going to try and set a new PR for it, previous being somewhere around 28 mins I believe. I don't recall exactly, I never wrote that one down. Anyhow, hope everyone checking this out and everyone back in the states is enjoying themselves and training hard! Ciao!

No comments: