10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Fran PR!!!

First off, we all had a very nice rest day on the 19th, it was well worth it. My legs were very sore even when it was time to go back to work on Friday with the dead lift WOD, and I know the other 2 guys felt the same way. They really attacked this WOD. Having never really trained with deads before I gave them a little technique showing and then turned them loose, coaching and encouraging when needed. Both did very well and are excited for Fran and Murph. I've never heard of anyone being excited for either of these WOD's...well, except from these 2 Crossfit rookies! LOL...

Warm up: 500m Row/ 3 rnds...5 Pullups/10 puchups/15 squats

Dead lift WOD: 10,8,6,4,3,3,3,3

10-185
8-225
6-275
4-295
3-315
3-315
3-325
3-335

Cool down: 10-135 (for tech)

I love dead lifts, they are a total body workout when done right and done heavy and will help you develop in every avenue of training. I was sweating, breathing heavy, and my heart was racing during this WOD. And that was with taking break time in between sets. I was afraid this might hamper my Fran time the next day, guess not...

Saturday June 21 FRAN!

Nick went first, scaling down to 65# thrusters. He was off to a good start, and then the laughing task of ripping through Fran started to get to him. His grip was going, and each rep became a struggle, but he is a trooper and finished in the mid 7's. Not bad for his 1st one. "Chappy" (as we call him) went next, also scaling to 65# thrusters, and again got off to a good start. By the time he was finished with the first 21 pullups he was gasping and trying to squeeze out "I really can't catch my breathe!" LOL, no, really? That's the idea! Anyway, he barreled through eh rest of the WOD, struggling with pullups (he has not really learned the kip yet) but finished in an ok time of low 7's. Like 7:07 or so. My hat's off to both of these guys for goings balls out at one of the easiest (on paper) yet hardest and most terrifying WOD's Crossfit has to offer. Now they know what they have in store the next time it comes up...The line of the day was Nick saying 15 mins later..."I still can't close my hands!" Thanks Fran. Now it was my turn...

Warmup: 3 rnds 5 pullups/10 pushups/15 squats...some stretching, and plenty of motivation after watching the other 2 go...

Fran:

21-15-9
Thrusters (95#)
Pullups

NEW PR! 3:52

I finally broke 4 mins on Fran! And I have it on vid, so I will post that as soon as I can. It has been over a year in the making, and after posting a PR of 4:10 and then a dismal 5:23 on my last 2, I wasn't sure if I had it in me....I felt good before hand, but got of to a shaky start, I got a little forward (pushing with toes and no heals) on my first few thrusters, but was able to recover and press on. Then the first 21 pulls were a little rough too. I think I was amped up, and got swinging back and forth too much, instead of a nice strict kipping rhythm, and had to stop to slow myself, as you can see in the vid. After that, it was all business. I did have to break up the pulls in the 15 and 9 set and the thrusters in the 9 set. A few little places where I'm sure to improve and will be cutting Fran to mid 3's shortly and then, maybe, just maybe, someday...under 3 mins!

Dedication really does pay off, and that PR is sure to be broken in the near future. Keep in mind, that this is true in everything, not just Crossfit. If you believe, prepare, train, and practice, pretty much anything is within grasp!

No comments: