10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5K Day

Woke up today to a little bit of sun, so I decided to do a 5K in preparation for the Xfit challenge. It was about 60% uphill (which sucks, but was planned). Let me preface by saying I have never been a great runner, and as soon as I get time, money, and a suitable location I will be attending a POSE running seminar! Until then, I get by ok I guess.

So 3.2 miles in 24:55 and around a 7:48 ave. pace. (So, my GPS said) The pace I'm happy with, to a point, but the total time isn't all that good. For the Challenge I'm going to need to run around a 20-21 min race in order to be competative I think, so I'm praying it's going to be more level then what I'm training on.

With that said, hill work is always a great way to improve on overall running. Especially if you are at a high altitude. I spent the last year and a half or so on the Gulf Coast of Fl, so the slight difference in altitude here in central Ny is something I feel when I go out to train.

I decided to forego a Crossfit WOD this afternoon, and decided healing up would be a smarted option. I feel good, and could have trained but there is always tomorrow...

One thing I hate is that there is no track near the gym I'm working out at (which is on the 2nd/3rd floor of a warehouse) so WOD's like Helen, and Murph aren't really an option right now. I'm kinda substituting with either longer runs, or with a track/plyo type workout at the local college. Which by the way has no pullup bars anywhere in site!! Who would have thought? A college with an "athletic" department that has no pullup bars anywhere but in the gym, which is closed for "summer hours". Maybe someday people will catch on.

No comments: