10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ball Buster!

I got the wod off of Brendan G.'s blog. As soon as I looked at it I knew I wanted to do it, but I knew it would hurt. The movement is such a full body dynamic movement that it trains for conditioning and strength all in one. He used 45# which I figured would be a little too much, but I started with it. It was heavy, but I finished the first set of BSCT but couldn't do the OH lunges, so I went down to 35# for the rest of the WOD. Let's just say this workout hurt much more then I thought. By the end I was breaking up pulls to sets of like 2! I finished in 24:33, which I'm not sure is good or bad, seeing that there are no times for this WOD. I think everyone should try this at least once, and if possible master the BSCT. It's a hell of a ball buster movement! I'm still sore from it, and took saturday off. Plus as he talks about, working with DB's is very important to help isolate muscles and create dynamic strength. Have fun with this one, if you don't it's only going to hurt that much more!!!

13 burpee squat clean thruster (45lbs) dumbbell's
20 pull ups (chest to bar)
13 overhead walking lunges each arm ( 45lb)
20 pull ups
3x

Today I'm just going to go out for a light run, no more then 4 miles at a moderate pace. Have a BBQ this evening and traveled all day so I'm running out of time. Doing the Memorial Day WOD down at Albany Crossfit tomorrow. Looks like "Murph". Hope to set a PR. I'll be rested and hope to blow this one up!

No comments: