10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Monday, May 19, 2008

East Coast Crossfit Challenge

There are 2 weeks till the East coast Crossfit Challenge and I'm felling pretty good. Even though I posted a Fran time 2 weeks ago of 5:23 (PR is 4:10) I bested my Crossfit Total by 30# in a week. My 1st total was 795...165 overhead press/265 squat/365 deadlift.

Today I did 825...175 overhead press/275 squat/375 deadlift. My allergies are kicking pretty hard, but I feel strong. I know I can do more in all of the lifts, but without bummer plates or any sort of a spotter (for safety) these lifts are pretty good. I'm going to do Cindy later today, and try to get to Murph, Fran again, and Helen this week.

I also did Diane last wed. Not a PR, but I had to walk kinda far to do the handstand pushups, no excuse but I think it made a difference in the 4:16 time as opposed to PR of 4:12.

Other then that, I hate central NY, specifically Utica! the weather and the people here suck! I can't wait to get out of here and off to Sicily!

No comments: