10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Monday, May 19, 2008

Crossfit Nation

I just recently turned 30 and have never been stronger, faster, more ripped, more intense, and most importantly...more powerful! This is Crossfit! Force x Distance / Time = Power...it's such a simple equation and such a amazing philosophy.
It has been just over 2 years since I was seriously introduced to Crossfit, but only about 1.5 since I started. I went to the San Diego gym and meet Lisa Lugo and her husband, and the seed was planted. Since then I have slowly, but surely been growing, developing, and cultivating this intense concept.
I tell everyone about it, not just because I like it or because it fits my profession (function fitness), but because I frimly believe 90% of the fitness industry is BS. My family, friends, military counterparts, and even random people. Just yesterday, I had my Crossfit Coronado shirt on and the guy at vitamin world was like "Cool, you do Crossfit?". Next thing I know I'm talking about the WOD's and the "Girls".
I have come to realize that I am just a Crossfit baby. I follow the wod most of the days, some days make up my own and have some pretty good times for the "baseline" workouts. I have not yet totally transformed my diet, or takin the jump into a seminar or a cert. Soon enough I will...I understand now that in order to become a total workout "monster" and true warrior, these are the tools that must be used.
For those of you who know me, you know where I stand and what I believe in as far as functional, dynamic, training goes and I thank you for our talks, workouts, and competition we have provided each other. For those who don't know, I'd like to thank some of the people who, everyday, help me to develope. First and foremost Coach Glassman, without you we would all be "searching for the water fountain" at Gold's Gym! Here are some of the amazing, intense, knowledgable people who deserve credit for transforming their lives and sharing Crossfit with the world. Lisa Lugo (for introducing me to the "cult" lol), Brendan G., Greg A., OPT (aka James F.), Freddy C., Andy S. (Crossfit Coronado) "Tosh", Shari K. (Love the tats), Annie S. Nicole C. Jolie G., and Allison NYC just to name a few.
Thank you for helping to transform me and helping me to become part of Crossfit Nation!

No comments: