10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Globo Gym is for @$$y’s (from my myspace blog)


So, myself, my brother (Grant), and my friend (Janna) went to a local gym in Utica NY that I use to "workout" at years ago. I know the owner, and he is a great man and runs a pretty good gym. Large, lots of weights, machines, etc. even found the equivalent to a glute ham situp machine. What else I saw was depressing. More on that in a second.
We were there to do a WOD. 1st day was "Diane" (for those of you that don't know, look it up). Let's just say, people like to stare at things they don't understand even if it means they stop their "workout" to do so, but I guess I'd rather see them looking at us actually doing work, then see them standing around chatting or "looking for the water fountain". 2nd day was a WOD I made up (5 rnds...5 135 thursters/ 7 pullups/ 10 70 kb swings/ 7 burpees). Awesome workout, same dumb look on everyones faces.
I saw the same people from 7 yrs ago, doing the same thing (nothing), looking the same, and acting the same as they did when I use to go there (lazy). It was seriously depressing and pitiful! The same people that stopped and stared at handstand pushups or what ever we were doing, were the ones that in 7 yrs had not transformed the bodies, strength, attitudes, or functionality...Welcome to "Globo Gym"!
When my friend, who had never done Crossfit before, is pushing herself, grunting, sweating and says later on, "I can't feel my legs", is showing more intensity then the whole gym combined, maybe these @$$y's should ask themselves, "What should I change about my "workouts"? My brother says to me, "The guy at the pull up bar was staring at me like he was 'sleeping' after he did 5 pull ups, and I was killing myself to finish my set. He was probably wondering, 'what is this kid doing'? I say, transforming himself, not wating his time.
So, to all you Globo Gym goers out there, get a life, and try a real workout for once! Crossfit.com in case you didn't know...Mess you up!!!

No comments: