10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Master Blaster Day!

The day started with a very hearty breakfast, which I'm sure will change once I get to Sicily and start operating. For lunch I had Lynne...she is tastey, but kinda sucks! I never bench so I felt like a pussy! Anyway, I took 27 mins to do it, I used 185#, and it looked like this...

Rnd 1: Bench 18 Pullups 23
Rnd 2: 14/18
Rnd 3: 15/22 (I rested a little longer before this one)
Rnd 4: 11/21
Rnd 5: 10/18
I know I can improve on that after doing it a few more times, no worries.

Then i went to starbucks and grabbed a tall americano, and read for a bit...6 pm, dinner time, and a WOD that I made up today...

4 rnds for time.
10 75# Push Press
10 75# Thrusters
50 24in Box Jumps
25 Burpees

This was a Master Blaster leg workout, much more then I expected. I finished in 26:24, which is respectable I guess considering I was really sore and tired, but can definetly be done faster. Try this one and let me know how you do!

My best friend and I are doing the 1st Annual Eact Coast Crossfit Challenge in Albany, NY the weekend of May 31st-June 1st. OPT was the 1st to sign up, so I think we all know who is gonna win! LOL. I'm just hoping for a top 20 finish! We will see. I encourage anyone who wants to come watch and learn about Crossfit to show up. Info and be found on the Albany Crossfit site. The link is on my page. Hope to see you there. Train smart, Train Intense!




One last note that kinda pisses me off. I was browsing through Men's Fitness magazine today and they had their 25 fittest people in there. It's obvious these guys have no real clue what "fit" means. Tiger Woods was #1! I mean, yeah he is probably in really good shape, but fitest? Doubt that. Others on the list were Obama, some rapper dude, and various other "not so fit" people! Missing from this list were all Crossfitters, Military Special Ops guys, and even hockey players (well I think Sindey Crosby was on the bottom under "fit for their age"). I mean come on, if you are the editor of a REAL fitness mag, people like Greg A. and Brendan G. should be on there. If OPT was American, he should probably top the list! And I know plenty of people in the Navy EOD field, or Army SF, or AF Pararescue that could out "fitness" over 3/4 of these dudes! So whatever, Men's Fitness has no clue! Just me venting!!!!

No comments: