10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Your Anger is Your Gift!"

I have begun to understand this quote from a very popular Rage Against the Machine song...Freedom. Anger is something that is given to certain individuals that when harnessed in the right way, can lead to immense power! I'm not talking about that type of anger that is harbored by criminals, killers, and the ignorant. I'm speaking of the type of anger it takes to bust out a killer workout, or force yourself to do one more rep, or work at a higher intensity.

I have never puked from a workout...never. In doing CrossFit, that may be hard to believe, but I speak the truth. I have become exhausted, and light headed, and thought I was going to die, but never puked! I am harnessing an anger it will take to push myself to the extreme when it comes to each days WOD. I find that the intensity level is increasing and I can feel myself creating an atmosphere in my workouts that might lead to to finding Pukie! I'm not saying I will attain a level of fitness great enough to win the CrossFit Games or even place in the top 50, or 100, but I believe that by gathering this anger (passion) for training I can improve my fitness to a level far superior to where I have been in the past, or even where I am now!

Mon. Oct 27th
WOD

"L" Pull ups: 18-15-12-9-6-3
Turkish Get Ups (16k) 2-6-10-14-18-22

18:50...Done for time, but really more of a over-all strength type of WOD. Take your time and make sure your form is good, but explode into the movements and get the met con rolling! My buddy, not a CrossFitter, (he is training for a marathon) did it in 34 mins...what's that tell you about cario? He is bigger then me, and can probably ran farther, but as for strength to met con ratio...no match!!!

Tues. Oct 28th
WOD

Hopper Deck: 7 of Spades:
Row 1000m then...

21-15-9
Front Squat (135)
Back Ext.

11:25...The row was just under 4 mins, like 3:55 or so. I had to break the squats up 10-11 first set 10-5 second set. My legs were shot from earlier this week, but I powered through and it was a good WOD. After that I did

5 sets of 5
Squat Clean tech (95#)

3 sets of 5
Muscle up tech (little bounce to help head through, rest of movement unassisted)

Wed. Oct. 29th

Rest Day (possible sort run for command PT)

No comments: