10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I felt like destroying something beautiful!" Fight Club

Sat. Oct 18th
WOD

Back Squat

5-225
5-235
3-245
3-255
1-265
1-265

Felt good, but I should be stronger I think...Not sure what's up with the whole squat thing, but I need (must be) be over 300 soon. That is my goal, and I will reach it!!!

Sun. Oct. 19th
Rest Day

On Monday myself and the PLT I am with departed really really early to go do some camping and training for the week. I brought some kettlebells and a couple dumb bells with me so that I could train while i was there. Unfortunately I only got in 2 workout due to rain and long days. They are as follows...

Tues. Oct 21st
WOD

50 x 1.5 pood KB SDHP
40 x 1 pood KB Swing
30 x 8kg 1 arm KB clean and press
20 x 25# DB Burpees
10 x 15# DB Thrusters

Thurs. Oct 23rd
WOD

3 Rnds
21-15-9

1.5 pood KB Swing
25# Squat Clean Thrusters
15 # Burpee

After getting back to civilization I ended up taking Friday and Saturday off. Not really by choice, but kinda. Anyway, I made up for it today. I drank on Friday night and had to get the "poison" out of my body after recovering on Sat...

Sun. Oct. 26th
WOD

"Grace"
30 x 135# Clean and Jerk

3:50...This is actually the first time I can say I have done this WOD. It has "scared" me in the past. More of a form thing then a weight thing. I have been working on my Oly lifts and was in an unusually bad mood, so this was the perfect warm up WOD! I think I did very well. On a good day, sub-3:30 is definitely possible. I followed it up with this....

WOD #2

21-18-15-12-9-6-3

GHSU
OHS (75#)
KTE

15:15...Killer WOD, loved it! Hit this one hard but pace yourself slightly since it tapers off, finish twice as hard as you started!!!

No comments: