10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, October 18, 2008

"The cost of regular extended aerobic training is decreased speed, power, and strength."

The quote I chose for the title of this set of blogs is a great description of Navy PT and why it doesn't work!

WOD
Tues. Oct. 14th

"Nancy"
5 Rnds
OHS x 15 (95#)
400m Run

14:08...This was basically a PR for me since I had never really done it before. I compared my times to others online adn I was pretty happy with it. If I was a faster runner this time could be more like 12 mins. I did not break up any sets of the OHS doing all 5 rnds of 15 straight through, even though my legs were killing me from Mons. WOD.

Wed Oct. 15th
Rest Day

Navy PT, 3 mile run

Thurs. Oct 16th
WOD

3 Rnds
Box Jumps x 50 (24")
SDHP x 21 (135#)

14:08...Sound firmiliar? It was the same time as the "Nancy" WOD! Weird. This one was difficult. It was a met con type WOD but with heavy weight for the SDHP make them go a little bit slower and really taxing the legs so the Box Jumps were harder.

Fri Oct. 17th
WOD

"Helen"
3 Rnds
400m Run
21 x KB Swings (1.5 pood)
12 Pull Ups

8:50...This is a huge PR for me down from 9:15! And this was after doing the GAY Navy PRT. 100 pushup in 2 mins (although they made me stop after 1:15), 100 sit ups in 2 mins (although they made me stop at 100 and I had like 30 secs left), and a 1.5 mile run in 9:37, which is down from an average of around 10:15 or so.

Basically I used the PRT for my warm up to Kill "Helen"!

I have noticed a HUGE increase in work capacity, recovery, and overall stamina since modifying my diet. Basically I read the book Enter the Zone, and modified it (not measuring everything) into a Paleo type diet high in protein, fat, and low in carbs and sugar. I will admit I do eat zone bars and an occasional snickers which are not good, but I have a chocolate craving that I need to fulfill. I also love cappuccinos, so as far as cutting out all dairy...not going to happen! All in all though my total carb and sugar intake are way way down, and I feel amazing!

If you want to improve your performance, you must improve your diet! Basically, STOP eating like an american!!!!

Check out Nick and I sporting a little CrossFit attitude at the Teatro Greco in Taormina!!!









Nick in the Discobolos pose, and me in the Zeus pose..

No comments: