10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Monday, October 13, 2008

Be Intense & Transform yourself!

Sorry I have not posted in awhile, I have totally been slaking off. I did create a video for my new "FRAN" PR the other day, so that will be at the end of this posting. I have to cover a lot of ground, from Oct. 4th-13th so bear with me. Here it goes, enjoy...

Sat. Oct. 4th
WOD
3 Rnds for time:

50 Double Unders
75 Squats

18:58...My nemisis! Double Unders! God, I hate them sooo much I love them! Anyway, did this one at home in the back yard with 2 really crappy jump ropes. I say 2, cause about 1/4 of the way through the first one was broken. Well, I actually broke it by throwing it against a wall1 I was a little mad at it. Actually got it on tape too, it's pretty funny. So, neddless to say I am still working hard on them and hopefully will be a lot better before I go to CrossFit Va Beach, cause Thomi is going to make me do them so she can make fun of me and beat me in a WOD!

Sun. Oct 5th
Rest Day

Mon. Oct 6th
WOD
"Biosh"

400m Run
21 DL (225#)
42 Pull Ups

400m Run
15 DL
30 PU

400m Run
9 DL
18 PU

400m Run

19:26...This WOD was a killer! I really need to do more 400m sprints! I'll work on that.

Tues. Oct. 7th
Rest Day (Needed to stick with my schedule)

Wed. Oct. 8th
WOD
5 Rnds

20 Turkish Get Ups (35#)
21 Knees to Elbows
21 KB Swings (1.5 pood)

29:21...Great GOD TGU suck! This WOD was interesting cause the TGUs kinda go slow but get really hard, and just makes the rest miserable!

Thurs. Oct. 9th
WOD
Dead Lift
5-225
5-285
3-315
3-340
3-365
Missed 385 x 2

Everyone has a bad day, this was mine! But mentally it made me a stronger person, which like Andy Stumpf says is why we do heavy days! Sometimes you need more of a mental workout then a physical one...Killin this one next time! New PR of over 405!

Fri. Oct 10th
WOD
"FRAN"
21-15-9
Thrusters (95#)
Pull Ups

3:28!...NEW PR baby! Killed this one...went down from 3:52. Like I said having a bad day only makes you stronger, boucing back to PR on this WOD proves that.



Sat. Oct. 11th
Rest Day

Sun. Oct. 12th
WOD

10 Rnds
100m Row
10 Double Unders
10 Ring Dips

17:55...This one really hurt! Jay finished 1:30 ahead of me and again my double unders suck! I also realized that my ring dips are not as good as they use to be. Something else to work on!

Mon. Oct. 13th
Happy Columbus Day!
WOD

5 Rnds
1 Tire Pull & Reset
(Pull truck tire toward you with climbing rope about 30ft, run back)
20 Squats (135#)
10 Burpees

18 and change...Wrote it down at work, I wasn't going for time per-say on this one, but I pushed through it hard. I did all sets unbroken including squats and that sucked! Took a little rest between sets to catch my breath. Did want to rush the squats though, did them for technique and power not speed.

Nancy tomorrow! Can't wait, OHS baby!

1 comment:

tanyaa said...

In today?s business environment, companies cannot settle for incremental improvement; they must periodically undergo performance transformations to get, and stay, on top. But in the volumes of pages on how to go about implementing a transformation, surprisingly little addresses the role of one important person. What exactly should the CEO be doing, and how different is this role from that of the executive team or the initiative?s sponsors?
----------------
Tanyaa
Viral Marketing