10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Killin WODs one day at a time...

Sun. Sept. 28th
WOD
Push Jerk
5-5-3-3-3-3
135-155-165-175-185 (missed)-185

I used this WOD to work on my form a lot. Even taped it and sent it out for some rigorous scrutiny from a trainer and friend. Works very well to tape workout and then take a look and see what you are doing wrong or right. I have started bringing my camera into work and taping myself and other and then reviewing it in real time and in slow motion. This has gotten very good feed back from the guys. They (and I) love that instant feedback of being able to watch yourself and correct the problems. I can see why a video camera is one of the gear items on the Garage Gym list! Awesome training tool.

Mon. Sept 29th
Rest Day

Work wise today was kinda cool. A group of us went out and did some HRST training (rappeling) off a tower near base. I had not done it in like 6 months, so leaping backwarks from a 60 ft tower with a little rope attached to you is fun!

Tues. Sept 30th
WOD

3 10 min Rnds with about 2 mins in between. Perform each excercise to MAX effort in the time frame as evenly as possible to keep in constant motion. Total workout equals 30 mins. Keep track of reps for each exercise and then add up for total.

1st 10 mins...Burpees/Box Jumps 80/85=165
2nd 10 mins...Pull ups/HSPU 90/70=160
3rd 10 mins...GHSU/Back Ext. 120/140=260

Total overall reps = 585

I invented this WOD, follow more of an unconventional design a la CrossFit Coronado. It was a good one. Sustaining max effort of a longer duration tends to work different aspects of fitness and is something I think CrossFitters may not do enough. WE are a very powerful and explosive group, and tend to bank on the shorter more intense WODs then anything over 20 mins. I will be designing more WODs similar to this that are timed out at 30-40 mins of sustained intense max effort...stay tuned.

Wed Oct. 1st
WOD
First of al, I had to actually run today cause the Command was doing a maditory PT run. I told them the only time I want to run is either when getting shot at or chased by a tiger! Not sure that worked though. Anyway, did a very, very light 3 miles for a warmup

3 Rnds for time
500m Row
21 KB Swings (1.5 pood)

9:31...I love rowing, so throwing this WOD together made me happy. It should be the primary Mono-structural movement for "cardio" in my belief. Total body, low impact, yet varying in intensity depending on what you are looking for.

Thus. Oct. 2nd
WOD
"Diane"

21-15-9
225# Dead Lifts
HSPU

3:33...PR BABY!!!!! This was a huge day for me. I had been feeling good, but a little slow and weak. The last time I did Diane was about 3 months ago and I got a 5:23, and far cry from my previous PR at 4:12 about 8 months ago. I blew this WOD out of the water and felt awesome after! I finally think my modified Paleo diet is starting to pay off. Even they I am getting yelled at by other CrossFit trainer to go Zone and weigh and measure...I'm working on it...until then, just trying to cut out sugar (for the most part) and not eating pasta, bread, or a lot of other starchy foods has really paid off. I am leaner, stronger, and faster.

Fri. Oct 3rd
Rest Day

Some little work tidbits. WE got to jump this week also, which was very cool. I only did 2 jumps, bith on Wed. 1 from 10,000 ft and 1 from 13,000 ft. They were both group jumps out the back end of a C130, so I was locked together with 2 other guys, creating the "base" to the formation. Good times though. Sicily is really very beautiful from the sky

Video of Myself (QDZ) and Chip (HOUSE) PRing on "Diane"



"Performance is directly correlated with intensity. Intensity is directly correlated with discomfort."

No comments: