10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, July 26, 2008

“Make pain your ally. The more familiar it becomes, the easier it is to manage.” ~Phil Emory~

Crossfit Coronado

Saturday July 26th

The "Free Saturday WOD" is usually ok, but caters more toward individuals new to the Crossfit concept. This morning was not really that different, except for the fact that Steve made it harder based on a tall blonde young women who got a little cocky in saying (when asked what her fitness level was) "Well, I play basketball at "such and such" college, so I'm in really good shape"! LOL, bad call! Even as she was answering I saw the look on Steve's face change, and then he said, " I have a "good" felling about the fitness level here, so the workout should be good." I knew right away this WOD was going to be harder then most! Not a killer WOD for people use to Crossfit, but for people not use to it...let's just say, blondie and her male friend didn't even finish! LOL, so much for being in great shape!

3 Rounds

30 Box jumps (varying heights scaled to fitness level) I used the highest box, around 30-36"
20 Jumping Pull ups ( I did regular kipping pulls)
30 Burpees (full jump w/overhead clap)
400m run

22:12...I made this WOD as hard as I could, even though it was hard to begin with! I was just going to work on technique for the 1st hour and then do a WOD with the members class at 11, but when I saw what Steve put up, I had to do it, and let me tell you it was worth it!

After this blistering leg workout (the combo of box jumps, burpees, and running sucks!) I was convinced the Steve reached his goal of making the "newbies" look like crap! It was actually kinda funny, they left without saying bye, but that's what you get for entering a Crossfit gym all cocky and underestimating this amazing fitness level! Afterward I stuck around to listen in a some kipping pull up teaching and did a quick deadlift workout.

1-1-1-5-5-5-5-5

226-236-250-226 (for the reps of 5)

Love deads! Hands and grip were shot after this, so it ws time to stretch and get the hell out of the gym before I puished myself more! But, not before I got a very quick (about 3 secs) lesson on the ring muscle up, and then did my first 1 ever! Steve said it was his fastest and easiest lesson ever! Made me very happy!

Probably do a rest day tomorrow, so I can hit up Coronado on Monday, but we will see how I feel....

No comments: