10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Friday, July 18, 2008

From Free Fall to Fight Gone Bad...what a week!

This week was pretty amazing! I has a few firsts in my life. The coolest being jumping out of an airplane at 13,000 ft! Even though I have yet to exit the plane without being held on to, the rush is truly awesome. We have complete levels 1-4 of the AFF process. Level 4 is where we finally get to stabilize alone in free fall and do some 360s and pull without the instructor holding onto us. Rushing at the ground at around 120 mph goes by really fast! I recommend it to anyone searching for a great thrill. Even if you have to do it tandem. I wasn't really all that nervous, at little when you look at the ground on the way up, but as soon as I step to the door to jump out, there are no butterflies...nerves of steal baby! LOL. Or just so scared that it doesn't feel like it! Level 5 is monday where we have to try to do a backflip while in free fall. That should be interesting!

Crossfit Time...

Monday

Rest day

Tuesday July 15th Crossfit Coronado

WOD

4 Rounds for Time

400 Meter Run
15 x OHS Men 95#, Women 65#
9 x Thrusters Men 95#, Women 65#

15:03...This WOD was a smoker! But, as with everything we do, practice does pay off. I have been working on OHS technique for about a month now, and it showed in this WOD. While everyone else was struggling with form and weight, I managed to power through them, and transition into the Thrusters fairly easily. The run was actually the hardest part. I hate 400s, but the one thing I hate more is, 400s + anything else!

Wednesday July 16th Crossfit Coronado

WOD

Hang Power Snatch (WMV)

3, 3, 3, 1, 1

Squat Snatch (WMV)

2, 2, 2

I did not record weight for this workout. Mainly because I worked on technique and did more then the prescribed # of sets. Snatches in any way shape or form are such a dynamic movement. I believe at the end of HPS we were up around 115#s or a little higher, and then around 95# or so for the SS. I was actually really sore the next day after this WOD.

Thursday July 17th

Unscheduled Rest Day. We only had 1 plane at free fall so the jumps went till around 6 pm and by that time I was actually exhausted from sitting around all day...I'll get the next 3 days hard!

Friday July 19th Crossfit Coronado

WOD

"Fight Gone Bad"

Three rounds of:

Wall-ball, 20# Men 10# Women, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo Deadlift High-Pull, 75# Men 55# Women (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75# Men 55# Women (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.



334 Reps Total...This was my 1st FGB and as the pics show, it was not easy! After my rest day yesterday I wanted to hit it as hard as I could...The whole group turned out to do every well. The high rep count from the morning was 333, so I put up 1 more rep then Jason to take the days high! I was pretty proud of that being my first Fight and all.

I can really feel my body accelerating to new levels everyday. I'm less sore, stronger, faster, and my ability to utilize O2 is higher then every! I firmly believe that this is due to diet, not drinking, and following Crossfit as close as possible. I'm to the point where every WOD I do I believe I can set a new PR!




No comments: