10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Monday, July 7, 2008

Drunk, Fly, Cali, Jump! Recap...

Thursday's Cindy PR warrented a celebration! So, since it was a "holiday" (July 4th) the next day, we went out. Nick, Chappy, and I walked our happy (sore) ass across the street and proceeded to get hammered! Well, at least I did, I couldn't tell you what the other 2 did, but they definetly weren't sober. Needless to say, this lead to the 4th being a "rest day". I was the first time in about a month that I really drank, and now I know why my times and my physical transformation have been steadily getting better...Anyway, after that, Saturday the 5th was also a rest day because I spent more then 19 hours flying from Sicily to San Diego CA...now I remember why I hate traveling. 10 hours on a plane, for a single flight, on American (which is much less comfortable then Delta) is enough to make anyone fing crazy! God, all I wanted to do was sleep...so, landed safe and sound, rested and then it was back to training.

Business as usual...

Sunday July 6th

Warm up: 500m Row, 3 rnds 5 pull ups/10 push ups/15 squats

WOD:
7 rnds for time

7 135# Push Press
7 225# Dead Lift
5 45# pull ups

12:30...I just made this one up on a whim. I wanted to go a little heavier, seems to be a kick I have been on lately. the 45# pull ups were much harder then expected and they are something I am going to do much more of. You sacrifice the intenisty of a kipping pull up, but what you lose you fully gain in the "this really fing sucks" category. Combine those with another grip excercise like deads and you have a great forearm workout without even trying! I like this one, look for it again, but with a sub 1o min time!!!

Monday July 7th

After spending all day at Sky Dive arizona in Otay Mesa CA, going through classroom and practical applications of static line jumping, I drove back to base and looked for a WOD. I felt like doing something with a little aerobic capacity building and got away from the weights for today...

Warm up: Stretch

WOD:
For time:
Row 1000 meters
25 Burpees
Row 750 meters
50 Burpees
Row 500 meters
75 Burpees

23:08...All because of the burpees...This WOD sucks! I hate burpees! The row was actually a little bit of a rest. I paced right around 2 mins and little fast as they got slower, but the burpees were just horrible! Imagine a Murph still WOD with burpees instead of push ups? I'm going to think of a great sadistic one very soon. Beware! something like 800m run /50 weighted pulls/ 100 burpees/ 200 SDHP (with like 45#)/800 m run! This one sounds good, might tweak it a little though, that sounds way too rough right now! lol...WEll, rest time, then more static stuff tomorrow, then a beach run for the WOD tomorrow afternoon...Peace out from Cali!

PS...Just want to say congrats to the new Crossfit Games Champions Jason Khalipa (male) and Caity Matter (female). Check out the full results at http://games.crossfit.com

No comments: