10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Living Life Southern Cali Style!

Quick note on training...Ran 6 miles on Tuesday, and then took Wed. and Thursday off! Now the explaination...

Or the excuse if you will...I'm too tired, I jumped out of a plane at 1500 ft 3 times today and hit the ground so hard I think I broke my ass! Blah, Blah, freakin Blah! Actually, we got back late from jumping and I am a little sore and we have to jump tomorrow, so I took an extra day off. Sometimes it's better to read your body and understand that you might need an extra dat here or there to recover. I could have worked out, but my ass and legs are a little beat up, so and extra day will be good. I will hit it extra hard tomorrow I promise! I might even stop by Crossfit Coronado for the 5 pm WOD. And those guys love to punish me! I think its cause they are SEALs and I'm just and EOD Tech! lol...

I have to say, as violent as the landings are in static line jumping, and even though you jump at a "low" altitude...there is just a great rush in jumping out of a plane and falling toward the earth! I can't wait to start Free Fall next week, when we will be jumping from more like 12000-15000 feet and hurtling to the earth at terminal velocity!!! I love my job!!!

No comments: