10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Too much time off makes me feel like crap!!

Tues Jan 13th-Friday Jan 16th

Team Training, which means no time for CrossFit, or anything else really...

My Zone Diet has kinda gone to shit since I have been in the US. It's more because work days are going from like 530 am to 7 pm or so then just falling off the wagon. I have been eating ok for breakfast and lunch and maybe one snack, but dinner is out the door!! I have put on a little more weight and lost some of my leanness, but Thomi says thats a natural "winter" thing.

Sat. Jan 17th Happy 31st Bday to me!!!

CrossFit Alexandria

Weight Lifting WOD
Squat Clean
1-95
1-135
1-155
1-175
1-205 miss
1-205 PR
1-215 miss

Split Jerk
3-135
3-155
3-185
1-205
1-225 PR
1-245 PR

Felt strong after 4 days off, but if this was a Metcon WOD my lungs would have suffered...Overall, very vert happy with this. I PRd on both exercises...The little extra weight I put on and the "rest" I got definitely helped out. For my 31st Bday I feel much more fit then ever!

Sun Jan 18th
CrossFit Alexandria

5 Rnds
250m Row
15 Squat Cleans (95#)

17:07

Mon. Jan 19th
CrossFit Alexandria

3 Rnds
21-15-9
Box Jumps
Ring Dips
Burpees

8:52

Tues. Jan 20th-Thursday Jan 22rd

Team Training...Rest Days...not really

Fri Jan 23rd CrossFit Va Beach
Elizabeth

12:35 Squat Cleans

First time ever doing this WOD, and after an extented rest period, it hurt!!!!

Sat. Jan 24th CrossFit Va Beach
3 Rnds
50 Double Unders
2 Rope Climbs (15 ft)
50 Squats

10:27

I really hate Double Unders!!! I'm much better then I use to be, but I still suck at them. My last set of 50 must have been like 3 mins!!! If I was better this WOD could be done around 7 mins!!!

No comments: