10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008-2009...

I was going to reflect on 2008 but to tell the truth, I don't even remember where I was on New Year's last year...so...I just want to say that 2008 changed my life. In more ways then one. First, my career actually started on Feb. 13th when I graduated and chose to be stationed in Sicily for the next 2-3 years. Still wondering if it was the right choice, but I guess the grass is always greener. I has enabled me to travel and see things I would have never seen, and gave me the oppertunity to be part of CrossFit history.

I was at the first Level 1 Cert in Europe's history, got to meet Coach, and Nicole and changed my out look on CrossFit, nutrition and ultimately life. As many have said, CrossFit is a way of life, not just a hobby. Because of it, I don't party and drink hardly ever, I am more healthy, and I have been given a tool that someday will help me lead and teach others in the ways of this amazing lifestyle.

My father is a very devout Christian and has always said my name mean, "The Chosen One". I'm sure he always meant it in a Godly way, which may not be my exact calling, but I feel CrossFit and the heathy and conditioning area is my calling. After I am done with my current career in the military (whether it be 5 yrs or 20 yrs) I am going to work at and eventually open a CrossFit Box. As Jeremy Theil said in his blog, "Changing the world is a big task and I am still up to it one step at a time.".

CrossFit Personal Goals for 2009

Zone Better
Shoulder Press-190
Push Press- 210
Push Jerk-225
Split Jerk-240
Squat-300+
Over Head Squat-200+
Squat Clean-225
Fran-Sub 3 min
Fight Gone Bad-380+
Double Unders-50 straight
Murph-Sub 30 mins (no armor) Sub 40 mins (with armor...never done it this way)
Helen-8:30
Dead Lift-425
Diane-Sub 3 mins
Filthy 50-Sub 20 mins
Cindy-32+ Rnds
Prepare for a chance at the CrossFit Games!!!!

This is the start of my list, I'm sure I will have more, plus personal, and career related goals...2009 is going to be an amazing and interesting year!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeremy-
Good luck on the goals - they are quite lofty!
Where are you planning to go for the Games Qualifiers?

Best of luck in 2009.

Sean from Virginia.