10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Friday, February 6, 2009

Chillaxin on Leave

Sun. Jan 25th-Fri Jan 30th
Team Training...Rest Days

Sat Jan 31st

For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings 1.5 pood
30 GHD Sit-ups
25 Back extensions
20 Slam balls 20 pound ball
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents

17:30...Thanks to Thomi for a great WOD that I was sore from for like 4 days!!!

Sun Feb 1st
Rest Day, Flew to NY

Mon Feb 2nd

Deads
1-315
1-335
1-355
1-355
1-360
1-365
1-370

Felt Good to finally go heavy on Deads again...Still losing a little lumbar curve with the heavier weight. I need to strengthen my mid line more in order to "lock" in and hold the weight...until this happens I'm afraid I won't be up in the 400 range...

Tues Feb 3rd

Back Squat
5-225
5-225
5-235
5-225
5-225

no bumpers plates so I chose to stay a little lighter so that I would have to drop the weight at Globo Gym Utica and get kicked out...

Wed. Feb 4th

Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swings, 25 reps
25 GHD Sit-ups
25 Back Extensions
25 Knees to Elbows

around 35 mins...forgot my watch so kept time on the wall clock...I was just talking about strengthening mid-line...lol, well, I got my wish! Although this killed my mid-line more then anything, and it was also a killer leg workout too. I felt mortal on this one, as I have on most of them lately. I think the few weeks of only getting 2-3 WODs in has definitely hurt me. This was an OPT type WOD and it showed, since he killed it in 27:12...He is an animal!

Thurs. Feb 5th

Rest Day

Fri Feb 6th

Shoulder press
1-155
1-165
1-175 fail
1-165
1-165
Push press
3-165
3-175
3-180
2-190
3-185
Push Jerk
5-155
5-155
5-155
5-155
5-155

No Bumpers again, so again went a little lighter as to not have to drop the weight and cause a CAT A situation in Globo Gym! Felt a little burned out and weak though. Presses were definitely weaker then usual, Push Presses weren't too bad but my shoulders were fried. Push Jerk was very very light for me. I stuck with a working weight and still had trouble locking out in the right timing sequence...shoulders were donzo!

No comments: