10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

USA Bound

With a Rest Day coming tomorrow, Thursday will mark the beginning of my trip to the states. I'm hoping to get some time in a CrossFit Affiliate while I am there, but only time will tell...

Sun Jan 4th
WOD

Dead Lift
3-315
3-335
3-365
3-370
3-375

3 sets of 5 with 225# working on lumbar curve, shoulder girdle position, and breathing. This WOD felt good, form got a little shoty up around 370. Back and shoulders aren't really strong enough to hold the nice tight lumbar curve body position at this weight. The weight still goes up, but my back is slightly rounded...

Mon Jan 5th
WOD

Hang Power Clean
1-135
1-155
1-165
1-165

I stopped there because my form and timing was all off. I then did 3 sets of 5 with 135, full hang squats to depth working on the catch and lower portion of this exercise. I then went home and watch some instructional videos on hang power cleans and realized what the problem was. Instead of going dow slowly from start to just above knee (or mid-thigh) I was going down quickly like a push press and the downward momentum was really screwing me up!!! I file this day away as a good learning experience and will be looking forward to trying this one again...

Tues Jan 6th
WOD

4 Rnds
400m Run
15 HSPU
15 ft Rope Climb x2

18:05...I think this was very slow, but I', not sure why. I did have to wait around the rope quite a bit because 6 of us (staggered, but still got bunched up) were doing the WOD at the same time. Regardless, I felt slow on the runs, and like my wind just wasn't there. I also really struggled with the last set of HSPU. I did cut my Zone fat back from 5x to 4x for a few days after feeling a little "bloated" after meals, but all this did was kill my energy and make me irritable. I have gone back to 5x and feel much better...looks like that's where I am staying...

Wed Jan 7th
Rest Day

10 Days to my 31st B-day...CrossFit Warrior even as I age!!!!

No comments: