10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Friday, February 6, 2009

This Is Why I'm Hot! I'm Hot Cause Your Not!!!

Welcome the the local Globo Gym in Utica NY! LOL...as you can see these people are really killin it!!! I had to spend the last week CrossFitting here and getting stared at by a bunch of people who basically walked around and chatted with each other.

On Monday my brother Grant(finally got him to Drink the Koolaid, and he is addicted) went in to do a dead lift WOD. As we were working out and being extremly critical on form and keeping our lumbar curve "locked" into place we looked around. What did we see? A bunch of retarded Globo Gymers wasting there time! These people seriously think a 2 inch ROM on bench press with 315# for 3 reps is a workout!!! Its so annoying!

And then some kid with a college football shirt on was doing squats...well, they weren't squats actually I'm not sure what they were. I really wish I had a pic. He had 225# on the bar, high bar squat position, and then he wrapped elastic bands around the ends of the bar that were attached to 100# dumb bells on the ground. I'm guessing these were for extra resistence. So far, I'm ok with this, although I'd rather see a low bar position. Anyway, here is where it gets interesting! He put a box under where his ass would squat too, but then he put a piece of foam on the box. ??? Hmm, now what? Umm, well, I guess it was so he could sit down on while he was doing his squats...as he lowered the weight he actually sat on the box (which was above parallel) like he was resting for a few seconds and then would stand up! LOL, I just looked at my brother and laughed (out loud) and shook my head. I really had no clue WTF was going on...There was so much more I could rant about but I'm sure we all understand where I'm coming from. These people are mice and have no clue what they are doing. I put the blame on the trainers here. No one even realizes these people are not doing themsleves any good, and that is why the same people for the last 10 years have made no gains, have gotten fatter, and have not gotten any stronger! I wish I could shut the place sown and free everyone of these people from the lies they are living! Somone needs to hook up a Koolaid fire hydrant outside and hose this whole place down!!!!

The pics that follow are from the website of this gym...they really look like they are motivated, and really working hard! I love the last one of the weight room...Globo Gymers, does this look firmiliar? GET A LIFE! LOL





No comments: