10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally got the Net at home...

So, it's been a few days since my last post. I have been in a pretty cool electronics class at work. We have learned a few really cool things about circuits, some really boring math, and so new and cool ways to use kitchen timers! Next week I we be heading to Germany for a few weeks for some drills with a few teams. It should be fun, but we are going to be way off in the middle of no where and my nutrition is going to go to hell! i have a feeling I'm going to be eating MRE's for 2 weeks! That is really going to suck! I finally have been reading "Enter the Zone" and have figured out mu #'s for it, and have been "watching" what I eat. I have not given in to the "dark side" yet, but probably soon enough. It's not easy to measure out everything you eat, so it will really be a problem for me to totally go with this kinda of diet. I have seen results in my energy and some of my performance. I figure it can only get better.

Now on to my latest workouts.

Sunday August 10th

Garage Gym WOD at my house...

30 135# Hang Clean and Jerks

Kinda took my time with this one, but tried to go without very much rest. 13:08...worked more on technique rather then rushing through it. I'm going to work on creating a nice little Garage Gym out here. Looking into an Oly Lift set, and a few other things.

Monday August 11th

Row 1000 meters
85 pound Thruster, 21 reps
15 Pull-ups

Row 750 meters
85 pound Thruster, 18 reps
12 Pull-ups

Row 500 meters
85 pound Thruster, 15 reps
9 Pull-ups

Rest 2 minutes between each round. Time each round separately and post times to comments.

I kinda blew it on this by not keeping time of each round, but I went at a high intensity. I did have to break some of the sets up of thrusters, but not much. My row times were much slower then I would have liked, but for those of you who have done this WOD I'm sure you felt the same thing...

Tuesday August 12th

5 rounds for time of:
275 pound Deadlifts, 5 reps (185 pounds for women)
10 Burpees (with clap overhead while airborne)

Very disappointed with my turn out on this WOD, especially after looking back at the times from the Games. I did a 5:58, and I'm not sure why, but I know that time can go down drastically.

After the WOD I did:

3-3-3-3 Deads 315 #s

3 rnds 15 sec L-sits and 10 GHSU

Wednesday August 13th

Rest Day

No comments: