10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back in Sicily!

So, I took Saturday-Tuesday off from Crossfit due to the travel back to Sicily and being kinda tired and getting into the swing of things at work.

Wednesday August 6th

WOD

5k run.

"Diane"
Deadlift 225 lbs
Handstand push-ups
21-15-9 reps, for time

My PR on the is 4:12, and I have not been doing deads very often, but I did this WOD in 4:53. A respectable time, but not a good time. I definitely want to break 4 mins, and I know I can do it. The deads were the hard part, the handstand pushups are easy. This time will go down once I start to do heavy deads again. No worries

Thursday August 7th

Run/Swim with the command in Aci Castello. We did around a 5k and then a 1500m swim in the Med. Did not keep time, but it was a pretty good pace and was a lot of fun. After we sat down at a little bar (cafe) and had a capo and chilled out.

Friday August 8th

WOD

30, 20, 10, 20, 30
Front Squat 115#

10, 20, 30, 20, 10
Push Ups

First Round looks like this:

30 x Front Squat
10 x Push Up

2nd Round:

20 of each, etc...

17:23...Never done front squats before, and I have to tell you, they are pretty rough! My legs and knees are very sore today, but nothing serious. Great workout, but I think I'll chill on the front squats for a bit. Not a WOD I would want to do all the time...

Saturday August 9th

Rest Day.

Went to Etnaland today. Sicily's version of a water park. it was pretty cool, small, but we had fun! it's really hot out here, so the water is nice! I got lots of sun and maybe got a little burnt. And I gotta say, there are much better looking women at the beach!

No comments: