10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Heeling the elbows...killing the legs!!

After my little run in with some elbow tendonosis the last few weeks I decided to take the advice of the marvelous minds of the internet world and rest my arms a little...what follows is the 3 day leg WODs I have done to rest my elbows and kill my legs!!!

Fri. Dec. 12th
WOD
Squats...

Front
3-185
3-205
2-215
1-225

Back
3-225
2-245
3-245

Over-head
3-133
3-135
3-145

Sat. Dec. 13th
WOD
3 Rnds
15 Deads (225#)
30 Back Ex.

9:09

Sun. Dec. 14th
WOD

"Kelly"
24:22

My legs are shot!!! I'm glad tomorrow is rest day...I felt a little weak in all of these WODs. Not really sure why...my squats are down, but I'd say my form is better, deeper at least...my max OHS is 185# and I know I can't get that right now...I'm going to do more power movements, and strength training movements...even the 225# deads felt heavy. That's just not right! I need to be squatting 300#, OHS 200#, Deading 450#+ and then these other movements will be "easier" if you will.

There is no reason, and no excuses why I shouldn't be around these weights for maxs, and my Fran should be below 3 mins, and Helen below 8 mins etc etc...This is something I am really going to try to work on while I have the time. In the very near future time is not something i will have the luxury to be blessed with for working out...

No comments: