10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gotta Clean to get ready for the Fight!

I returned to Sicily on Monday and it was nicer then usual. It had actually rained so the temperature was a lot cooler! IT has been very nice.

Monday Sep. 15th
Rest Day (Traveled from UK to Italy)

Tues Sep. 16th

Rest Day (Actual)

Wed. Sep. 17th
5 miles run with the command.

44:59...This run really sucked! I hate running more then anything and have decided, unless you are getting chased by the cops, a tiger, or an alien lifeform, there is no need to run more then a 5K! All it does is ruin your knees, hips, and ankles, and sets you up for a failure! I totally recommend sprints, 5K's, and CrossFit WODs that have 400s or whatever in then as your form of "distance" training.

Thurs. Sep. 18th
WOD

Cleans
5-115
5-135
3-155
3-165
3-165
3-170
1-185
1-185

This is not an exercise I am totally abreast in, but I have been working on my technique. I believe, and so do others, and it is one of the foundations for building great power and strength in an overall capacity! Along with Dead lifts and Snatches, these are the exercises that will make you a true beast in power output! Learn them, do them, use them, and always try to fine tuen them!

Nicole Carol Demonstrates Med Ball Cleans



Fri. Sep. 19th
WOD

"Fight Gone Bad"

Total Reps 309...I was really disappointed in this effort. I felt ok, but it is a far cry from the 334 I put up last time I did FGB. I think the way the exercises where setup was part of the issue. WB, Box Jump, Row, SDHP, PP. Not that it's an excuse, but afterward the 6 of us that did it realized we should have split up the pushing and pulling movements. All that said, this WOD is always a killer, and a great one to repeat every month or 2 in some form or variation. I challenge you to "invent" new FGB variations and see what you can come up with. Stay tuned for one that I came up with involving some of the oly lift movements and some pretty high weight!

Sat. Sep. 20th
Rest Day

Stand by for tomorrows WOD, it's one that Andy Stumpf did in Coronado, and I know it's going to hurt!

Nicole Carol demonstrating the Sumo Dead Lift High Pull! Awesome!









1 comment:

Leon Robotham said...

Nice work, Jeremy.

You should try to get yourself a copy of the world class coaching tapes. They've helped me no end in my pursuit of proficiency in the o' lifts, i'm coming on in leaps and bounds because of it. Seeing Burg next year will be a huge bonus for me I reckon.

Hope you've managed to get your kit returned to you.

Stay sharp fella.