10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Friday, July 3, 2009

CrossFit Games Ranking





Jungle Jangles w/kit

The CrossFit Games are coming up fast. The stage has been set and the competitors have battled it out in regional qualifiers around the world. The 77 men who will be vying for the "Fittest Man on the Planet" title get to take an inside look at each other before the competition. The athlete profiles are being posted and now CrossFit is doing something that could be a little nerve racking. The are taking specific lifts and WODs (most of the common ones) and ranking each person based on their best times and lifts.

I figured I would get in on the action, as I'm sure alot of us who either didn't have the opportunity to go to a qualifier or did not qualify, are doing. I have looked at the standings for these amazing athletes and counted out were I fall. Here are my results for the first 6 postings of ranking...

Fran: 43rd (3:27)
Clean & Jerk: 26th (210#)
Cindy: 3rd (32 rounds)
Dead Lift: 35th (405#)
Helen: 39th (8:30)
Snatch: NA (never attempted for a PR)



That's an average ranking of 29th place so far overall. Of course that is not including the snatch, seeing as I have never attempted this lift for weight.

All and all, I would say I'm not doing too bad...Unfortunately, due to current military obligations, I did not have a chance to go to a qualifier, nor will I be around for the Games in a couple of weeks. I am still training hard, and I am going to attempt to qualify for next years games, as long as I will be around. In the mean time, I am going to keep training hard, reading what I can, and preparing myself for the each and every day at hand...



2 of the "fittest" people in the Stan. Guaranteed!!!

No comments: