10 Components of Complete Fitness


CrossFit workouts train your body in all 10 of these components of complete fitness:
Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.

"Failure"

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I apologize...

Casey and I in Taormina



I have been very busy with pre-deployment stuff and have not had time to blog let alone workout or eat right. So here is what I figured out.

1) If you stop Zoning for about 10 days you might put on about 10 lbs and feel like absolute crap! I "took a break" from the zone before heading out the door to enjoy some of the things I use to really love. For instance, peanut butter pie, cadbury eggs, and bread/pasta. Although this was fun, it has really set me back in my nutrition and training. I feel pretty crappy and have grown weaker and fatter!

2) If you stop a 3 on 1 off schedule and don't do any strength training you might gain 10 lbs and feel like crap! Along with not zoning I have not had the time (really bad excuse) to keep with my workout schedule. This has caused me to lose the edge. When we get settled in in country I should be able to get back to it. We brought 2 sets of bumper, 3 med balls, various kettlebells, 3 barbells, and various pull up attachments.

3) If you get 3 infectious diseases put into your body in 1 day you are going to feel like crap for awhile.

4) All of this can be fixed so that you don't gain 10 lbs and feel like crap very simply. Embrace the SUCK and just keep plugging away. No matter wheat the schedule, the time, the place, be prepared to go all out whenever you are able too. Train like you fight and never ever quit!

Tomorrow I leave for deployment so there might be less and less blogging in the near future. Although I will have a an internet connection not sure how much time I will have to keep up with it. If there is anyone out there who actually reads this, I apologize ahead of time, but I will still be killin it as much as I can and you should too!

Sarah showing off in Cefalu


Me messin around in the pool!

No comments: